Thursday, March 5, 2015

Paul: 3/5-Evening Report

UPDATE:
Today was another good day for Paul!  

Lungs - he is completely on room air - no oxygen needed. 

Liver, platelets, white count - all normal.

Done with antibiotics & steroids. 

Only line left in him is for dialysis. 

Rash has completely healed. 

Your specific prayers have been answered. I hope you can feel the power of prayer!  It has worked!  

I received a message from a neighbor who has been praying with his daughter for Paul. When he told her Paul was doing better, she said "Wow!  I think our prayers worked!"  Yes, they did!  They really did!  

Tomorrow - we will see what Paul's labs look like. He will likely need hemodialysis tomorrow and will not likely be discharged before mid-week next week. This will allow him to get stronger and allow the doctors to watch his kidneys.

As I lay here tonight in the cot next to Paul, I am truly thankful.  I am thankful for all of you!  And, I am thankful for God's decision to bring Paul back to us. Fourteen days ago, we were in the ICU praying for Paul to live. Tonight, I was able to kiss him goodnight. We have the rest of our lives together and we will be thankful for each and every minute - as we know tomorrow is not guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment